No One Sells More Real Estate than RE/MAX!
Whether it was an astronaut, a ballerina, or a firefighter, every child has dreams and aspirations of what they would like to become when they grow up. As we get older, we come to the unfortunate realization that space travel, tutus, and shiny red trucks aren’t in everyone’s future. Maybe you knew all along, or maybe you simply found it at the end of your path, but one way or another you found your feet planted firmly in the real estate industry, and what an industry it is! There are over 2 million real estate licensees in the United States and nearly 110,000 real estate professionals in Canada. Between both countries, we are all operating under one common misconception. Real Estate is not simply an “industry” as it is commonly referred to as. Rather, it is a community of hardworking, dedicated, and results driven individuals working to help people all over the world find a place to call home. So, what happens when over 2,000 of these community leaders, along with 100+ speakers, and the best and brightest in real estate technology meet? Below are the top takeaways from some of our RE/MAX INTEGRA leaders who attended this year’s Real Estate Connect in San Francisco:
This was my first Inman Connect event and it met all my expectations and more. Three main themes resonated with me most:
1. Video Marketing and Distribution: Video is not only one of the most underutilized tools out there, but it is necessary for a sustainable future in real estate. The panels covered the platforms to tackle video as well as how to choose the right one for you.
2. Creating an Environment for Clients: Creating a space for your clients to engage with you, especially on social media, has become increasingly important. Often times, we all fall into a routine where we define our value to our clients rather than allowing them to let us know what they are looking for.
3. Leads: Finally, the last overall main takeaway for me was the general perception of “leads” in the industry, specifically online leads. It was stated on stage by Jeff Lobb, Spark Tank Realty, that “most agents don’t take leads seriously.” In my opinion, every lead is a good lead. It is through the nurturing process that you can make a lead turn into a client. Two other impactful points made last week were that “lead follow up is NOT lead conversion” and “you can buy leads, but you can’t buy conversion.” All agents need to ask themselves if they truly know their conversion numbers and remember that they need to be tracking them. The best of the best on stage last week tracked their conversions and could recite them by memory. I encourage everyone out there to know exactly what your ROE is…Return On Efforts.
Inman Connect in San Francisco was probably the best Real Estate event I have been to in a long time in terms of professional development. I had two main takeaways from the event that people should consider going forward in their business. The first is to stop worrying about number of leads you can generate and more about converting the leads you are already getting. An American brokerage that tracks it for all their salespeople said that average agents convert 10% of online leads but the good ones convert 16-20% of their online leads.
The second takeaway is not just the importance of video but the importance of using video to tell a story. Agents need to stop thinking as tour operators of homes and more like a creative Ad Agency. Planning the video, storyboarding ahead of time, and then having a 60 day promotion plan are the most important aspects of the video.
“Technology is not our business; it is a portion that helps us be more efficient.” While innovation and technology were a big focus at the Inman Connect conference in San Francisco, there was definitely a strong presence of the tried and true basics of providing exceptional service. Sometimes we get so focused on technology that we either lose sight of, or don’t have enough time left for the personal touches that help differentiate us by “WOWing” our customers. A WOW’d customer is the best marketing source to promote your business. In the days of online reviews, instant access to information and strong connections, nothing will make you stand out more! Remember, when you deliver an experience instead of a transaction, you create a relationship that will generate repeat customers and referrals to maximize your business growth.
For the past four years, I have been going to numerous Inman and other technology/marketing conferences, and the constant message has always been about lead generation. Every speaker was always talking about “how you can use [technology x] to generate leads” or “utilize [strategy y] to generate leads;” however, this year was different. It turns out that the industry “moons” have aligned along the mentality that maybe – just maybe – people are getting enough leads…or, to quote Jeff Lobb from SparkTank Media, “maybe it’s not the leads, maybe you have a conversion problem.” Now, while that may be a little more blunt than I would like to word it, I found it refreshing to see the brighter minds of the industry talk about lead conversion and not lead generation.
Lobb went on to discuss a situation in which a real estate firm hired a group of college kids to call some “dead leads” for them over twelve hours (3 hours/day for 4 days). In total, they called over 700 leads that were previously qualified as “dead,” yet somehow scheduled 57 new appointments – a conversion rate of about 8%. Imagine having an 8% conversion rate on ALL your means of marketing!!! Sounds good, doesn’t it?
That being said, there is a bountiful amount of strategies and technologies that can help with that lead conversion to prevent leads from becoming “dead” or “weak;” probably the most popular of which was utilizing video. From Videolicious to Animoto to my personal favorite, BombBomb, video is no longer just for people who want to hire a film crew and create a personal branding (or testimonial video).
Essentially, consumers want to know about the community more than they want to know about you as a person or agent. According to a recent survey, only 3% of agents are utilizing video for their marketing which indicates hugeroom for opportunity. After spending a week at the Inman conference in San Francisco, it is very evident that the influencers in the industry have bought into lead conversion – especially through video…are you in?
After three full days of discovering, debating, and discussing the latest in real estate technology, our RE/MAX INTEGRA Training Specialists took away many great game changing highlights that will benefit our real estate community in the coming year. Do you have questions about their takeaways from Inman Real Estate Connect in San Francisco? Leave your questions and comments below!
August is RE/MAX Month of Miracles and it’s a great time to promote your involvement in Children’s Miracle Network. To help you do this, I’ve compiled a quick list of ways that you can integrate your efforts into your everyday business through remax.com, social media and more! Not yet a Miracle Home Associate? Sign up here!
1) Publicize your involvement using NEW “Put Your Money Where the Miracles Are” campaign materials. RE/MAX HQ and CMN recently released a complete package of materials including flyers, posters, post cards, email signatures, Facebook headers and Design Center pieces promoting agent and office involvement in residential, commercial and luxury real estate.
2) Make your listings stand out on remax.com by tagging Miracle Home listings with an eye-catching label similar to the Miracle Home sign riders. To label your listings, go into your LeadStreet account and select “Supporting Children’s Miracle Network” in the dropdown menu near the bottom of the Listing Detail Page.
3) Order CMN Sign Riders for your listings through a RE/MAX Approved Supplier.
>> View Approved Suppliers and compare designs and pricing
4) Dairy Queen Miracle Treat Day on August 14th! When you purchase a Blizzard treat at participating Dairy Queen locations, a portion of the sale will benefit your local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital. Consider promoting Miracle Treat Day on your Facebook page. Or, how about offering to treat your clients or agents that day? There’s no sweeter way to help kids!
Please contact Michele Roy at RE/MAX North Central at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the CMN Miracle Home Program, Month of Miracles or any of the promotional programs listed here.
Check out these upcoming real estate trainings. Each provides opportunities for you to learn, engage, network & grow. Register today via SoldSignBlog.com/calendar
Commercial Real Estate Negotiations July 30, @ 12:00pm
Attend this interactive webinar to learn new concepts in preparing to negotiate using real-world real estate scenarios. Learn the CCIM 3-step “Interest-Based Negotiation Model” and how it can be used to achieve your desired outcome.
Light up the Dashboard – July 31st @ 10am
Be the star of your next presentation by following some of these simple tips to make sure you leave a lasting impression with your fans!
Pedal to the Metal – August 7th @ 10am
Join us as we show you how to speed up your business with strategic social advertising.
Scenic Route – August 14th @ 10am
Ditch the highway and take the scenic route by stepping outside your comfort zone and exploring the top 15 unique marketing ideas for your business.
On the Home Stretch – August 21st @ 10am
Tell your story with the power of video. Learn some top tips to making an emotional connection with videos.
Welcome to RE/MAX Technology August 5 @ 11:00am
This course is for all agents who are new to RE/MAX and teaches about the powerful tools RE/MAX provides.
Tools for Your Business on Mainstreet August 6 @ 10:00am
Learn the tools available to you on Mainstreet that can benefit your business throughout the year.
Design Center Overview August 18 @ 10:00am
Take a tour of Design Center and learn how to set up your profile, and create and distribute a project.
RE/MAX Website Fundamentals August 19 @ 10:00am
Learn the basics of customizing your RE/MAX agent website.
Importing Clients into LeadStreet August 25 @ 12:00pm
This guided session will walk you through the process of importing contacts into LeadStreet.
Buyers Saved Searches in LeadStreet August 27 @ 10:00am
Learn how to create Saved Searches for your buyers within LeadStreet.
Attend a two-hour interactive workshop to enhance your lead generation potential by learning to leverage a few quick and easy contact tools.
August 12 @ 10:00am
RE/MAX North Central (Northland Plaza)
3800 American Blvd West Suite 140
Bloomington, MN 55431
Training for the Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist® designation is designed to help sales professionals who currently work in the upper-tier move to the next level or to help those just beginning to target the luxury market jump-start their business.
September 25-26, 2014 @ 9:00am
DoubleTree by Hilton Bloomington
7800 Normandale Blvd
Bloomington, MN 55439
October 8, 2014
October 27, 2014
Doubletree by Hilton
To register for any of these events, please visit the SoldSignBlog/Calendar.
Welcome to SoldSignBlog.com - RE/MAX North Central's news portal for our agents and brokers. Let us know how you like the new look!