Each year, you are invited to attend multiple RE/MAX events where you will continue to hear about the importance of networking. We can all pick out the people who thrive on the opportunity to be seen and heard, and instead of being jealous of their natural ability to mingle in a crowd of strangers, why not take some steps to join them? Below is everything you need to know to network like a pro at our upcoming RE/MAX CONNECT events coming to a city near you!
- Be Genuine: networking is about building relationships and trust, and the quickest way to do that is by being yourself from the beginning of your interaction.
- Be Mindful of Your Questions: Eventually, people will get tired of talking about the weather. Instead, open up the discussion by asking open-ended questions that require more than a simple yes or no answer. This will help open the conversation up to the group so you don’t have to do all the talking!
- Be Confident: Make sure you know what you do, who you work for, and what you specialize in. This will help you appear as an expert and a powerful resource that will help people turn to you for suggestions in your conversations.
- Don’t be Afraid to Explore: While it isn’t realistic to expect you to speak to everyone, travelling around to different groups will help you meet a more people. Instead of sticking with the first couple people you meet, use this valuable time to walk around, listen to conversations, and jump in when you have value to add. Even if you aren’t able to connect one on one with as many people as you may have hoped, you never know what you will learn by joining in group conversations with your peers.
- Follow-Up is Key! You have collected business cards, Facebook friends, followers on Twitter, and made some valuable LinkedIn connections, now what? Instead of simply approving all of your online requests and storing business cards in the bottom of your computer bag, why not put them to use? Make a point of connecting with them after the event so you can continue to grow you relationship which will in turn help you grow your business.
With these tips in mind, you will be unstoppable when it comes time to put them to use at our first RE/MAX CONNECT event coming up on February 3rd at the Jefferson Street in in Wausau, Wisconsin. Click the button below to register and to see the other locations you can find us at RE/MAX CONNECT this year!