Technology today allows us to accomplish many of our day-to-day tasks with the touch of button. From ordering your morning coffee on your smartphone, to depositing a check by taking a photo of it, we can cross more and more items off our to-do list without ever being face to face with an actual human being. Technology allows us to accomplish tasks quicker and more efficiently, but where does that play into your business?
Real estate is a “people” business, meaning the interactions you have with your clients are one of the most important aspects of your business. From the very beginning, you need to “wow” them, and that all begins with your listing presentation! Fortunately, we have a few tips for you to turbocharge your listing presentation from our RE/MAX INTEGRA Training Specialists!
Amanda WardRE/MAX INTEGRA, Ontario-Atlantic Canada
- Professional Packaging: Always make sure you print in color, use a binding machine and plastic covers to collate the presentation, and put together a folder including sample marketing materials.
- Pre-Listing Package: Send the seller a pre-listing package with some information about you and your brokerage, including testimonials and other important information.
- Develop a Marketing Plan: Include a detailed list of websites and locations ads will appear, a pricing strategy, and information about any 3rd parties you will be hiring.
Dan LevineRE/MAX INTEGRA, New England
- Get Them to Open Up: While other agents will come in and deliver their presentation, you can turn the tables and make it about your prospective client! Encourage them to ask questions and prove you care with your answers.
- Create a Story: While walking through the property, ask your sellers to recall memories in each room. It will show you care, and will be great to share with potential buyers later on.
- Follow Up & Follow Through: You don’t need to close on site, just make sure you follow up! Be sure to set up a follow up appointment, and make sure you call a few days after.
Nate RyanRE/MAX INTEGRA, Midwest
- Go Mobile: Put your listing presentation on a mobile device so you can access it anywhere! You will look tech savvy and up to date, but make sure you leave a printed version with your clients!
- Do a Pre-Listing Video: Ask the sellers to have copies of their current mortgage amounts, any repairs they have completed recently and utility bills. If they have all of these items ready for you at the time of your listing presentation they will be more likely to sign.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Whether it’s your kids, your dog, your spouse, or even the mirror, practice will help you ensure you nail your presentation on the first try!
Now that you have all the tips and tricks you need to turbocharge your listing presentation, we have one more thing for you! If you haven’t visited the Resource Card on RE/MAX Launchpad, you are missing out! We have many helpful tools and resources available for you there, including new individual listing presentation templates! Click the button below to check them out!