Ahh summer. A time for backyard barbecues, dips in the lake, and selling recreational properties like hot cakes! Whether you are an agent in a recreational property market, a metro agent with clients eye-balling that cabin get-away, or somewhere in between, the insights we uncovered in our 2017 Summer Recreational Properties Report speak to buyers, sellers, owners and dreamers.
About the 2017 Summer Recreational Properties Report
In almost every region, buyers are competing for fewer available homes in the recreational market, similar to buyers in the primary home market. There is a surplus of buyers in this post-recession era who are now able to afford to purchase recreational properties. The report, which profiles nine markets in the three Midwest states, identifies several major reasons why inventory is even tighter in 2017:
- Baby boomers are starting to retire, and they are seeking out homes where they can relax but also have amenities for their children and grandchildren
- Pre-retirement buyers are getting a head start on their post-retirement plans by purchasing second homes now with plans to move in full time in 2-5 years
- Young families are looking for an escape from the city, and there is potential for significant rental income when they cannot use the recreational property themselves
How to Use the Report:
Not sure where to start? Here are a few examples of where and how the Summer Rec Report will work best!
- Post some of the statistics found throughout the report on your social platforms.
- Post one of the shareable regional infographics on your website!
- Pass it out at open houses – it’s engaging, visual, and sure to capture the attention of those that walk in the door!
- Add one of the social shareable images to your email signature – it’s a crafty way to show clients you know recreational properties.
The information included in this report is timely and relevant – for buyer and sellers alike. Maybe even for those who don’t know they’re interested yet! So, be sure to check out the shareable images below for your social media platforms.
- They’re perfectly sized for posting on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Some of the social shareable images are city specific, making the correlation to your target audience much stronger and more meaningful.
- They’re easy to read and beautifully designed.
*Note: the social media tiles will automatically start downloading as a zip file.