Smart technology, customization and waterfront properties are driving the Midwest luxury housing market. In our just released 2017 Midwest Luxury Report, select RE/MAX agents provide insight into the latest trends in the luxury housing markets across Indiana, Minnesota and Wisconsin. They identified that luxury buyers in 2017 are increasingly demanding the following:
- Luxury buyers expect smart technology in their new homes. This follows a national trend that is spilling over into the residential home market, where 42 percent of REALTORS® said clients were interested in smart home devices and 22 percent were interested in whole home technology, according to the Smart Homes & REALTORS® report by the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR).
- Drawn to the customization potential of new homes, buyers are choosing to build and opting for less square footage.
- Demand for waterfront homes remains a top priority for luxury buyers. NAR’s Profile of Buyers’ Home Feature Preferences found that the feature that had the highest dollar value buyers were willing to pay more for was a waterfront property. Other features in high demand that come with a luxury waterfront property include:
- A seamless transition from indoor to outdoor entertaining spaces. Some designs include large collapsible windows or floor to ceiling sliding glass doors.
- Large lots are important to luxury buyers to protect privacy while outdoors.
If you’re selling upper bracket homes, or are working towards listing in a higher price point, check out our report and uncover more of the latest trends to share with your clients.
As always, we’ve created a number of social shareable images for you to download and use in your marketing efforts. These are great to share on social, and can also be worked into listing presentations or other marketing collateral. See below or visit our Facebook page to download.
How to Use the Report:
Not sure where to start? Here are a few real-world examples of where and how the Midwest Luxury Report will work best!
- Become a recognized leader in high-end real estate by posting some of the statistics found throughout the report on your social platforms.
- Be the pillar of communication for the markets you serve by posting one of the shareable social images on your website!
- The Midwest Luxury Report also acts as the perfect handout at open houses. It’s engaging, visual, and sure to capture the attention of those that walk in the door!
- Check out the full report on the RE/MAX INTEGRA, Midwest Facebook page. It’s the perfect place to share the report on social from.