If you recently requested the RE/MAX Balloon to appear at your community event, be sure to get the most out of it by marketing your event. We’ve included a few suggestions below:
- Get the entire office involved! Make it a fun outing for Sales Associates, their families and friends. You will draw a lot of attention so make sure to wear your RE/MAX attire and bring your business cards.
- Plan to include information on your balloon event in your regular advertising and social media posts, starting one month prior to your event date. Create a buzz, “The RE/MAX hot air balloon is coming!”
- Print flyers to hand out at closings, inviting your customers to come and see the balloon. If part of a fair or festival, make sure the balloon is included in any materials that may be created for advertising.
- Use a press release to notify your local media of the RE/MAX balloon appearance. Invite your local newspaper to come and cover a community event or balloon rally from a bird’s eye view.
- Consider a Children’s Miracle Network fundraising event if hosting tether rides. Suggest a minimum donation from each person who wishes to take a ride. This helps your charity and shows that you care about giving back to your community.
IMPORTANT: Always promote flights and tether events with a “wind and weather permitting” disclaimer. Also note that “No children under the age of 10 may be flown.”