Our very own accomplished Alexa Kebalo Hughes from RE/MAX Right Choice, Connecticut shares how her team leverages the RE/MAX network to generate more than 25% of their business. Alexa is a second generation REALTOR and DOB (daughter of the broker) but is carving out her own path in the industry as one of the first agents in Connecticut to use Facebook LIVE Virtual Open Houses to showcase listings and currently serves as Vice President of her association of 4200+ members, The Greater Hartford Association of REALTORS. Most recently, she made the NAR, Realtor’s Magazine 30 under 30 as a rising star in the real estate industry.
Below are a few tips she’d like to share:
- Attend as many local, regional, national and international RE/MAX conference opportunities as possible
- RSVP as attending on Facebook events & join any closed groups related to the event
- Post on said events/groups introducing yourself and how you can’t wait to connect
- Get a really cool giveaway
- I post my cool giveaways on said Facebook events/groups to try to connect with others. I’ve had tons of interactions and people even meet up with me for the giveaway.
- At conferences don’t be shy. Every opportunity you have to meet someone introduce yourself, have a quick elevator pitch and ask them who they are and where they’re from. Leave the meeting with the hook that “I would love to make you my go-to in your area and I would love to be your go-to in X!”
- Follow up events by sending a personalized BombBomb video email to each person you met, add them to your database and connect with them on Facebook and Instagram.
- Build your network of relationships and keep in touch. Remember your Network is your NET WORTH!
If you prefer to watch a quick video explanation of the steps above click the photo below!