Congratulations to RE/MAX Realty Associates Broker/Owner Herm Hoge of Munster, IN. Herm was recently honored with the 2019 Distinguished Service Award by the Indiana Association of Realtors.
The Distinguished Service Award is presented to individuals for their generous contributions to the Association and their local communities. “To me, this is bigger than the Realtor of the Year Award,” shared Herm. “This honor is only given when the Association recognizes the service one has offered – it’s truly a recognition of one’s service and giving back to their communities. For my peers to have chosen me is very humbling and rewarding.”
Herm was honored with the award for his 40+ year career and contributions to the Association and his community. Herm’s milestone contributions to the Associations include:
- Two-time President of the Greater Northwest Indiana Association of Realtors, plus 30+ years of working on its committees and task force
- 1999 President of the Indiana Association of Realtors, plus 30+ years of working on its state-level committees and task force
- 2001 Vice President of the National Association of Realtors Region 7 for Indiana, Illinois and Wisconsin
The community contributions Herm was recognized for include:
- Dressing up as Santa and providing Christmas gifts for children and adults at the St. Joseph’s soup kitchen in Hammond, IN for more than 17 years.
- Organizing, promoting and providing Christmas gifts and needed supplies for the children and their parents at Lurie’s Children’s Hospital in Chicago over the holidays. He is continuing this again for the 3rd year.
- Being a member of the Munster Chamber of Commerce for over 15 years and helping to promote business in Northwest Indiana. He is a supporter and sponsor of many chamber events.
- His relationship with the town of Munster’s Parks Department and supporting, sponsoring and organizing workers for many of their events.
- His six years as an active sponsor of youth soccer events in Munster and the Lakeshore Fute 4 Youth Academy. He helps to provide night lights for outdoor park play in the fall, sponsoring tournaments, jerseys and equipment. Herm’s involvement allows children to obtain reasonably priced training and be associated with a soccer organization.
- A member and supporter of Christain Fellowship Church in Hammond.
“This has been such an amazing experience, and I couldn’t have done it without my wife and real estate partner, Kris Hoge. Without her I never could have gotten involved at the level I was. I’m in Indiana but actually closer to Chicago, so each meeting is a 3-hour one-way commitment. Kris’ contribution to our career and clients has been pivotal.”
Herm began his real estate career 42 years ago when he was 23 years old. He credits his first Broker/Owner for getting him involved at the local Association of Realtors. “I was encouraged to get involved and the more involved I was the more I appreciated the Association. And the more I gave, the more I benefited. Plus, we had a lot of fun! It’s great to get together with like-minded people a few times a year to brainstorm and network.
“I think it’s very important to encourage younger folks to get involved – with both the Association and their communities. As new agents see people being recognized for their years of contributions, I think it instills in them the importance of being a part of something bigger.
“I also realized that people who get involved are the movers and shakers of the industry – and a lot of them are RE/MAX agents! I truly believe the more involved you are, the higher you go and with a high percent of RE/MAX agents being leaders in their Associations and communities only proves why we are the Home of the Top Producers!”