It’s hard to believe, but the highly anticipated brand refresh is finally upon us. What an exciting time to be with RE/MAX. We know great brands evolve, and this evolution is truly a testament to our great legacy, while propelling us forward in more modern direction that is truly designed for the home buyers, sellers and real estate professionals of today, and tomorrow.
But, did you know how the brand evolution came to be?
Consumer testing indicates the need to refresh the branding or risk becoming perceived by most people as “outdated” and behind the times. With the goal of attracting consumers to the brand and addressing surveys that revealed consumers were ready for RE/MAX to have a new look, the refresh initiative began a year and a half ago at the direction of Dave Liniger. The process involved testing the preferences of over 20,000 consumers, which factored into (1) the decision to move forward with the refresh and (2) the final designs. To put that number into perspective, a sampling one-tenth as large provides legal substantiation for many advertising claims.
So what did consumers have to say?
Slightly more than half (53%) called the RE/MAX wordmark “dated.” Even more (64%) called the balloon logo (which, of course, includes the wordmark) “dated.” The underlying sentiment was: “I love the brand, but maybe the branding isn’t as modern and fresh as it could be.” That feedback creates urgency in addressing this potential problem before it begins to have a negative impact.
The strength of the brand is what makes the refresh so powerful. RE/MAX has the #1 brand in real estate and enjoys industry-leading metrics in awareness, familiarity, consideration and likeliness of being recommended. This move is being made proactively from a position of strength – taking something great and making it even stronger. That strength can be seen in the new family of brands, designed for and driven by the needs and wants of today’s home buyers and sellers.
With that said, we know that refreshing a brand does not come without challenges, and we as a region are committed to being a partner with you in this exciting journey. Your yard signs are the most visible and direct extension of your personal brand and now there are more sign designs to choose from than ever before! Below we have outlined one program we have been working on to help get you started.
- Try it on For Size – Agent Yard Sign Promotion: In an effort to help you refresh your yard signs and marketing materials, we’ve negotiated significant discounts of 20-50% from Dee Sign Company and Build a Sign. To access these discounts, visit the the Brand Refresh tile on RE/MAX Launchpad and click on the Yard Sign Program. To allow you all to experience the refreshed yard signs first hand, we’ve also included a unique coupon code for you on the landing page, so the first will be free! This promotion will end March 31, 2018.
In addition to the incentives, we have also created a suite of resources that you can begin using in your business today:
- Check out and put to use the new Branded Social Media Cover Photos or Branded Social Media shareables from our Facebook page or click the corresponding buttons below.
- Discover and customize one of the brand refresh templates on the Design Center.
- Explore all of the logo files and marketing materials from RE/MAX LLC by visiting the “Brand Refresh” tile on the RE/MAX Launchpad.
- Share the “RE/MAX Brand Refresh” video on social media, and help tell the RE/MAX story with your network!
This is a truly exciting time for our great brand. You are a testament to the brand we are, have always been, and will continue to be as we look to the future. Thank you for joining us on this journey!