Are you taking advantage of all the benefits of customer testimonials and online reviews? As a real estate agent you spend countless hours and dollars creating marketing materials to grow your business and capture new clients. Customer Testimonials and online reviews are an extremely valuable and effective part of that process that doesn’t cost you an additional hour or dime.
Recent statistics show that 90% of consumers read online reviews and customer testimonials when making the decision to purchase a product or work with a business. In addition, 8 out of 10 consumers trust these reviews as much as personal recommendations. Thinking about your own personal experiences, how often do you find yourself researching reviews and testimonials prior to making your own decisions about the products you purchase or the companies you do business with? It’s now a normal part of the process for the majority of us and will only continue to grow.
Agents utilizing online reviews are seeing major results because when it comes to real estate, online reviews provide the information that translates into their potential experience. In recent conversations with several top-producing agents, each of them cited their online reviews as being a critical factor in capturing new business.
Knowing what a huge advantage this can be, we’ve put together the following tips to help you capture the benefits of this valuable resource.
- Where to collect reviews and testimonials:
- Top industry sites such as Zillow and Trulia
- Yelp- the top consumer review site on the web
- Google+ – the most used search site for finding local businesses
- *Your website
- *YouTube; add video testimonials to your channel then embed them on your website
*Be sure to have your client sign a release form allowing the use of their testimonial on your website or YouTube channel.
There are multiple other places to collect reviews. These are just a few ideas to get you started.
Who to ask:
- Start with your newest clients first
- Then make it a part of your closing process to ask all future clients
How to ask:
- Keep it Simple: Would you mind taking a few brief minutes to let me know how your experience working with me was? Being specific, please finish this sentence: My / our experience working with _____ was____ because . . .”
- Be Sincere: It’s my mission to provide the best service to my clients. My business is built on referrals from happy clients like you.
- Show Appreciation: I really appreciate your time and assistance! Your review means a lot to me.
If you’re already collecting client reviews and testimonials – wonderful! If you’re not, wouldn’t it make good business sense to invest a few minutes in asking the clients you’ve spent months or longer building a relationship with to leave a review or provide a testimonial?
Crissy Roeglin | Training Specialist
RE/MAX INTEGRA Midwest