As a real estate professional you know there is a lot that goes into an effective listing presentation. One of the most important aspects is the connection that we create with our potential client. We do this through lots of different ways; asking questions, providing an outline of our experience, showcasing the ways we market, and providing valuable knowledge about pricing, staging, fixes, and so much more!
Here are 5 tips to help you ROCK your next listing appointment.
- Be Client Focused; customize your presentation to the person or people sitting across from you. This is accomplished by asking questions to uncover needs. A great listing presentation starts with a pre-listing presentation consultation. During this consultation it’s important to not only define why the client is moving, and where they are going to, but also what’s the most important thing to them about selling their house. Another great question to ask is what are they looking for in an agent. Be sure to clarify their answers so you are fully aware of their needs. Then use the information you find to customize your listing presentation. One size does not fit all.
- Think Conversation, Not Presentation. A presentation is one-sided communication; a conversation is when both parties are involved. One key to help identify if you’re presenting or conversing is if you are doing the majority of the talking. If so, you’re presenting. A conversation helps put people at ease. They feel valued because they are being listened to. We do this by asking more questions to invite them into the conversation. Try replacing some of your statements with questions and see the difference.
- Highlight Your Value Proposition. How are you different than the other agents they interview? Why should they want to do business with you? What are your key differentiation? Be memorable! This is critical in a competitive situation. If you’ve followed points 1 & 2 above you’ve already made huge strides in being different and memorable (in a good way).
- Use Customer Testimonials and Online Reviews. The best way to highlight your past successes and to start creating trust with your potential client is to include sending them a link to your online reviews and customer testimonials. The fact is that 90% of us read them and over 80% of us trust them as much as word of mouth referrals. This is a huge source of valuable marketing! You’ve already done all the work; now take advantage of the benefits.
- Have a Marketing Plan. Yes, this seems simple. The fact is that most agents don’t have a step-by-step plan for marketing a home. You know there is more to it than a for sale sign and the MLS. Bring in examples of your quality marketing materials, have examples of how you market using social media, sample listing videos, etc. Research has proven that marketing is the #1 thing sellers want help with in selling their home.
When you have a conversation that is focused on your clients needs and makes a connection between their needs and your services, you build a valuable business case why they should choose you as their agent.