Take a second and look around your desk. Do you have piles of paper sprawled haphazardly across every surface? Is there empty plastic water bottles hiding in the nooks, crannies and drawers reserved for unimportant office supplies? How about your daily habits while you’re in the office, do they involve countless k-cups and constant trips to the printer? Many of us are guilty of choosing efficiency and convenience over what is best for the environment, but with Earth Today around the corner, there is no better time to try and make an effort when it comes to making your office greener.
- Keep it simple! We can’t expect you to make a drastic change, but simply turning off lights in an empty room, or turning off equipment when it isn’t in use can make a large impact.
- Bring a reusable water bottle! Instead of reaching for plastic water bottles each day, why not bring your own from home that you can refill numerous times each day.
- Consider your commute. If you live close by, consider walking or taking a bike a couple days a week.
- Keeping your office neat, tidy, and germ free is important. Consider using environmentally safe products next time you stock up on cleaning materials.
- Go paperless! We have shared the benefits of going paperless in the past, but in case you need another reminder, here are the reasons why you should consider going paperless and some tips to help you get started.
While these are just a few ideas to help you get started, imagine the possibilities if everyone made the three R’s (reduce, reuse, and recycle) a regular part of their day? Don’t forget to let us know which of these ideas you are going to tackle to celebrate Earth Day!